Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Final 1’s 11 finalists want your vote

SINGAPORE — Channel 5’s reality talent show The Final 1 has been gradually whittling its contestants down and moving steadily towards determining who will be the last one standing.

Last week’s episode threw audiences a curveball, though, when 11 finalists were put through to the next round of competition instead of the expected 10. Lucky number 11, Shaun Jensen, is probably still breathing a sigh of relief right now.

Since the results are based on audience votes, it’s up to these finalists to sell themselves in a bid for the grand prize of S$50,000 in cash and a recording contract worth S$50,000. We’ve given them a chance to lobby for your vote right here — by asking the big question: Why should we vote for you?

The Final 1’s Top 11 weekly showdown begins on Wednesday, June 19, 8pm on MediaCorp TV Channel 5.

***

JEAN KYAW, 19

Occupation: Student. Musical style: Pop ballads.

So that I can prove to my neighbours (who complain a lot) that I create music, not noise. And so that I can continue to showcase my versatility as a performer – I know I am more than just “outdated erotic moves” – and to inspire and touch the hearts of those who believe in me.

***

SHAUN JANSEN, 27

Occupation: PMEB. Musical style: 80s and modern rock.

Because I want to connect with you, at home, through the TV, with raw emotion and poetry in music.

***

YURESH BALAKRISHNAN, 20

Occupation: Student. Musical style: Alternative, soul, indie.

Music is not only something I do, it is also a big part of who I am. Please vote for me so I can continue to grow as a musician. I promise to give 110% with more sincere and heartfelt performances.

***

GLEN WEE, 19

Occupation: Student. Musical style: Indie pop/rock, R&B.

This musical experience has been a real eye opener. It has opened my eyes to what I am capable of as an artist. Please vote for me as I am not done with this competition. There are still a lot of things I want to learn. I can only promise that I am here to entertain and hopefully you will like my performances.

***

MERYL JOAN LEE, 24

Occupation: Freelance singer. Musical style: Jazz and Top 40s.

Vote for me not just in support of my voice, talent and hard work, but also if you believe in having the courage to pursue your dreams even if it means leaving the “Singaporean Dream” behind.

***

GAIL BELMONTE, 17

Occupation: Student. Musical style: Pop, soul, R&B.

You should vote for me because I sing for you with all of my heart and soul. I want nothing more than to touch your hearts and inspire you.

***

FARISHA ISHAK, 18

Occupation: Student. Musical style: Pop, soul, R&B.

You should vote for me because I have a unique tone in my voice and I believe that I have something to offer to the music scene in Singapore. Furthermore, I wish to be given the opportunity to touch the hearts of people with my music.

***

HASHY YUSOF, 18

Occupation: Student. Musical style: Acoustic renditions.

Vote for me because I am not just a singer, I am a musician in my own right. I am also adaptable and experimental in my music. I have a unique tone. I am not looking at branding myself as (just) another artiste but to brand myself as Hashy Yusof. I am actively writing and I feel that my music is very personal, so it’s real and relatable.

***

LOUISA KAN, 17

Occupation: Student. Musical style: Pop.

You should vote for me because I have a baby face but a mature voice when I sing. I learnt how to brand myself and that will definitely help me create an impactful image. I am willing to make sacrifices to get what I want. I am extremely passionate about music. I am happiest when I sing, especially when I have my keyboard or piano with me. I want to make your day with my music.

***

DEBBI KOH, 16

Occupation: Student. Musical style: Pop, rock, R&B.

Because I feel that I have the potential to grow so much more as I am the youngest contestant in this competition. And music is my passion. I could never live without singing or listening to music. Also, once you get to know me, I can brighten up your days with fun and laughter.

***

FAITH NG, 17

Occupation: Student. Musical style: Pop, Top 40s.

You should vote for me because I have pink hair. I’m the only one with a really crazy hairstyle. I feel very strongly that I have the drive and determination to push myself in this competition because this is my dream. When something is or becomes your dream, it’s so important because it’s what you’ve always dreamt of doing and you would do almost anything and everything to make it happen. It’s that important. People should vote for me because I can show my flexibility and versatility in my performances. I would dare to try something new, yet make it relatable. This is my dream and only you can make my dream come true.

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;} js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, "script", "facebook-jssdk"));

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment